Job Description – Lead Electrical Engineer
About Acts 29 Consulting, LLC
Acts 29 Consulting was founded in 2008 as a quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) MEP engineering consulting firm providing document review services for the design and construction industry. Acts 29 Consulting provides full service MEP consulting engineering services nation-wide. We specialize in healthcare, industrial, and higher education projects. We pursue projects that are delivered in a collaborative design and construction team approach. Collaboration is in our culture at Acts 29 Consulting. It is engrained in our work ethic and our desire to serve our clients. Our Core Values truly reflect a collaborative perspective.
The Mission – Why We Exist:
- We model Christ’s love to build up our community.
The Vision – What We Want to Achieve:
- To become the best MEP collaborator in our industry.
Our Values – The Way We Will Accomplish This Mission:
- Open Minded – We are collaborative, forward-thinking, and innovative.
- Team First – Our thoughts, words, and actions are about what’s best for the team.
- Continual Improvement – We never stop striving for excellence.
The Lead Electrical Engineer is responsible for the overall supervision of the Electrical Department, Project Management and Client Relations. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and will possess strong attention to detail. This person will have a driven work ethic, the ability to complete assignments in a timely manner and assist in the success of the electrical department, and the willingness to support their project teams in a variety of projects. This person will also actively engage with clients, consultants and third-party team members to complete their work.
This position will report directly to the President and Director of Engineer, working closely with the Lead Mechanical Engineer, Project Managers and the Electrical Department. Success will be dependent on the ability to adhere to Company Core Values as well as provide excellence in leadership, customer service, prompt response to client needs, and a willingness to get the job done.
The responsibilities of the Lead Electrical Engineer include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Leading and supervision of the electrical staff, production and related activities as well as mentorship of electrical design staff.
- Undertaking electrical systems design which includes performing calculations, documenting, field verifying installation of such systems, and attending TDSHS inspections predominantly for healthcare building projects, including normal and essential power systems, lighting, fire alarm and other low voltage systems.
- Leading the successful technical development and delivery of projects as a project manager.
- Taking ownership by leading the continuous development of the electrical design standards.
- Working closely with inter-disciplinary technical leaders, contractors and clients.
- Attending meetings and communicate with clients verbally and in written form to establish their needs and discuss project design issues with them.
- Overseeing the day-to-day financial management of projects.
- Pursuing and being recognized as a specialist in one or more areas of electrical engineering.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Participating in RFP interview process and work closely with Business Development personnel in preparing proposals.
- Evaluating, and incorporating sustainable design practices in building systems design.
- Performing quality control reviews of electrical documents designed by others.
- Coordinating work with and managing the relationship with Architects and Engineers of other disciplines.
- Utilizing strong verbal and written communication skills.
Key Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
- Servant Leadership – Nobody is above any task and we are all here to serve others. Every customer —internal or external—is in need of help, and the most powerful way to lead will be to serve at a high level.
- Learning and Adaptive – In a small business with a big mission and one that is scaling up rapidly, new systems, technology, and situational adaptability will be normal. This person must have an appetite for learning and skill improvement.
- Grit, Determination, and Resourcefulness – Not everything will have a pre-planned solution. This person will need to be resourceful in figuring things out, resist being overwhelmed, and be willing to roll up their sleeves until they make it work. Whether looping in other people, finding tools online, or seeking out best practices, this person will need to have an open mind and steadfast resolve.
- Organizational Skills – We serve a God of order and creativity, but we live in a world of chaos and confusion. This person gets to help bring the Kingdom of God to the office by being a constant organizational force. It will require a capacity for seeing patterns, discerning better processes, and prioritizing and systemizing for improved outcomes.
- Chemistry Fit – This is a fun culture. We laugh, we work hard, we press hard, we jump in to figure things out. Fitting into the team chemistry is essential.
- High Character – We operate with a high trust culture. We must operate out of personal values and integrity or this will not work. Integrity, honesty, compassion, reconciliation, and diligence are all qualities this person must possess to flourish here.
- Energy and Enthusiasm – This person must bring joy and passion for work to the job. It is essential to spur one another on in the work, be self-motivated to see the positive, and encourage others on the mission.
- Multitasking – This is not a steady state or static environment. Workflow will cycle and interruptions are normal, so this person must be able to juggle and adjust on the fly managing one’s time in an efficient and prioritized manner.
- Project Management – While multi-tasking, this person must be able to keep an eye on deadlines and critical dependencies and either work to preserve them or bring people in before things are missed.
- Collaborative Spirit – Open-minded, highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges with the ability to communicate within a collaborative work environment especially as it relates to developing solutions for project-specific constraints with the project team – especially the electrical contractor.
- Small business mentality with desire to be an integral member of the management team to grow the company.
- Experience in the delivery of healthcare projects. Experience in industrial, commercial, and higher education projects is a plus.
- Excellent personal relationship abilities.
- A calm and resourceful demeanor when assisting others.
- Ability to have effective conversations via phone, video chat, and face-to-face.
- Clear, concise, comprehensive written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel as required for project and work related events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar engineering curriculum plus 10+ years of relevant experience in the healthcare industry or 15+ years of relevant experience in the healthcare industry.
- TX PE license – preferred – and/or NCEES Record holder.
- A sound knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals as they relate to building systems and site utility delivery.
- A desire to learn.
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Adobe Acrobat.
- AutoCAD MEP 2015 or later
- Revit MEP 2015 or later.
- Collaborator mentality.
- Team player.
- Quality first perspective.
- Positive attitude.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100K – $120K (based upon experience and qualifications)
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Retirement plan w/company match
- Flexible work hours
- 3 weeks PTO, min.
- Use of Company cell phone, laptop
- Discretionary bonus structure
To apply or for more information please contact us at: email@example.com.