Lead Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager
Acts 29 Consulting is a full service, MEP engineering consulting firm in search of a highly skilled and motivated individual who is ready to lead the mechanical department for the company. This position requires the ability to work in a collaborative project environment. This includes, but is not limited to, working alongside the construction and design team that utilize design-build and integrated delivery methods by participating in the conceptualization and design of high performance, cost-effective, engineering solutions. The hired candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team and must be able to work to balance the value of time, design quality and cost priorities.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake mechanical systems design which includes performing calculations, documenting, and field verifying installation of all types of HVAC systems.
- Lead the mechanical engineering team through supervision of the mechanical staff production and related activities as well as mentorship of mechanical design staff.
- Be capable of leading the successful technical development and delivery of projects as a project manager.
- Take ownership by leading the continual development and updating of the standardization of the mechanical design standards.
- Work closely with inter-disciplinary technical leaders, contractors, other consultants and clients.
- Attend meetings and communicate with clients verbally and in written form to establish their needs and discuss project design issues with them.
- Day-to-day financial management of projects.
- Pursue and be recognized as a specialist in one or more areas of a mechanical system.
- Be capable of developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Participate in RFP interview process and work closely with Business Development personnel in preparing proposals.
- Evaluate, and incorporate sustainable design methods in building designs.
- Perform quality control reviews of mechanical documents designed by others.
- Coordinate work with Architects and Engineers of other disciplines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering curriculum plus 10+ years of relevant experience in the healthcare industry or 15+ years of relevant experience in the healthcare industry
- PE license.
- A sound knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals especially as they relate to building systems.
- Ability to communicate within a collaborative work environment especially as it relates to developing solutions for project-specific constraints with the project team – especially the mechanical contractor.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills required for our fast-paced environment.
- Open-minded, highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
- Experience in the following areas: healthcare. Experience in any of the following areas is a plus: industrial, multi-family and higher education.
- Small business mentality with desire to be an integral member of the management team to grow the company.
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel.
- Adobe Acrobat.
- AutoCAD MEP 2015 or later.
- Revit MEP 2015 or later.
- Project Management.
- Time Management.
- Collaborator mentality.
- Team player.
- Quality-first perspective.
- Positive attitude.
Interested candidates can submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org